Germiston Glasgow

Can anyone help me find pictures of Germiston in Glasgow. I am hoping someone has been around Germiston with a nice camera taking photographs of the places and the people. Please post a comment if you know anything about the history of Germiston. Some of what I write will be a little tongue in cheek, so be prepared to have that wee pinch of salt handy. Scroll down and enjoy!

Google
 
Web Search for more Germiston

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Visiting Germiston

Right I am planning a wee visit to Germiston.
I am actually planning on spending a long time there to do a wee bit of local history research as well as some family tree stuff. I have recently found out I had a relative stay there long before I was born and I am quite keen to learn more. The local history is could be quite deep; the place has been surrounded by industry and Iam hoping that some of those industries' records have been kept (by any still in existence) or at least archived somewhere like the Mitchell Library.
Now I have to ask a number of practical questions, which might determine the length of my stay. The obvious one being WHERE do I stay. I some how feel there won't be too many hotels in the Germiston area of Glasgow - perhaps there may be a Bed & Breakfast or perhaps I can rent a room , bedsit or a wee flat? Another thing I am wondering is do I bring my car, travel by public transport, buy a car when I get there?
Who knows I might even buy a house or property and just settle 'back hame'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

There is more. Scroll back up
click on the previous posts
and archives on the right